Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Interfacing the COM2 on a casio SE-S2000

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have a SE-S2000 which I am trying to send bar-code-scanner commands via the COM2/SCANNER port. I don't actually use a scanner, instead I use a rs232-cable from a computer, from where I am trying to send data to the cash register in the same manner a bar-code-scaner would.

What I have done:

Turn the key to the program position
press "3", then "subtotal"
"0" "2" "9" "8" "subtotal" "2" "0" "0" "0" "cash" (For port 2 which is the scanner port)
the recipt roll should come out
press "subtotal"
on the display it should say P03
it should now accept a bar-code scanner

program "3" "subtotal" to get into program serial mode (for barcode entry)
"0" "0" "7" "1" "subtotal"
thedisplay should read "Direct mainte"
Press "0" to add a barcode, modify with "1", then "cash"
get the barcode, scan the code

here I try t0 send data over rs232 this way:
stty -F /dev/ttyUSB0 speed 9600 cs8 -cstopb -crtscts
echo '5000' > /dev/ttyUSB0

the cash register does not react at all
crwxrwxrwx 1 root uucp 188, 0 Aug 4 18:58 ttyUSB0
tries using putty, nothing happened there either.

So basically I am wondering if I might have the serial settings misconfigured and also if I need to somehow signal that the code is now completely sent to allow the cash register to show the data it received.

If you happen to know either how to change the serial settings on the cash register or what the settings already are, please tell me. If you have done this with another cash-register, please tell me about that and how you did it. Thank you.

2 Replies
Eminent Member

Let me check something - you are trying to emulate a barcode scanner with a computer? Are you trying to do this in PGM mode or REG?

I'm also interested in why you are trying to do this...

Topic starter

I am doing this in PGM mode. I am trying to emulate a barcode scanner with a computer. I want to do this because I want to save the sales data in a better format and also be able to handle current stock, subtracting when a sale occurs, something the cash register can't do on its own.

Share: