Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

cv22 error: communication failed error 198 ????

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
Eminent Member

I connected the casio TE4500F to laptop with a "Serial RS232 DB9 9 Pin Female to Female F/F Cable Cord" and a "USB 2.0 to RS232 Serial DB9 9 PIN Cable Adapter"

but I got an error code "198" when I was trying to "Receive" data in CV22. Why cannot I get data from Till? If I used correct cable? thanks a lot!

by the way, I tried this solution but It didnt work :(
http://cashregistersite.com/communicati ... ezp-3.html

7 Replies
Reputable Member

Your serial cable needs to be a crossover type if I remember correctly. you probably have a straight through cable which wont work. Also make sure you are using the correct port number for your serial converter (often port 4). Check it in device manager.

Topic starter
Eminent Member

Your serial cable needs to be a crossover type if I remember correctly. you probably have a straight through cable which wont work. Also make sure you are using the correct port number for your serial converter (often port 4). Check it in device manager.

thank you! How can I know if the cable is a crossover or not? I think the port number is correct.

Estimable Member

Has to be a null modem cable

Estimable Member

Put up a screen shot of your com port in device manager

Page 1 / 2
Share: