Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Moving Total Contro...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Moving Total Control over to Win7 machine

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 scar
Topic starter

We've just had a new PC installed in the office as the PC with Total Control residing on it had decided it's life was over!

Our EPOS provider sent over a link for a new install of total control 1.5 19d which we installed, restored from the backup file we made but each time we try and run total control, nothing happens. It shows in the task manager using up to 50% CPU max at any one point but never actually loads up.

Any suggestions?

Dongle is attached to the printer port LPT1 which we have checked to ensure is enabled.
Serial cable for the link to the Uniwell TX's is attached to the PC
UAC is turned off on the Win7 machine
We're logged in as Administrator

3 Replies

Is the new machine 64-bit?

Your EPoS supplier should have advised you - the default restore doesn't put the backup into the correct place on a Win 64-bit machine. Normally this just results in a blank database whenever you load up, so there may be something else going on.

As you appear to have a contract with someone else, I'd suggest going back to them in the first instance for support.

Otherwise, look for the 'wrong' location and manually unzip the backup files there instead - I'm mobile right now, so can't remember the exact locations.

scar
Topic starter

It's 32bit.

Eventually called Fidelity Systems after 2 days of trying to get it to work only to find out that our 'parallel' dongle won't work on a Win7 machine and we need a USB dongle. Called our EPOS supplier this morning and after a few hours called us back to advise we do need a new dongle and it's £150 :roll:

Sorry, I didn't even notice the LPT! part - did say I was driving ;)

£150 (+VAT) is about right tbh - and it is dependant on you returning the old parallel dongle or it goes up significantly as a 'new install' cost instead.

Share: