Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

TX850 printer problem

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 scar
Topic starter

Hi guys and girls.

I've got 2x TX850's and they both print receipts/reports from one printer, a Uniwell 722 thermal printer.
Been working very well until the till roll ran out today. Replaced (correctly) but since then each time I try and print a receipt or report I get
KP2 Error displayed on the TX850 screen.

I've checked the settings on the printer and it's set for printer ID#2
Checked settings in the Program settings and that is also set for printer 1.

No settings have been changed recently.

The IRC is working and both tills can communicate with each other. IRC path is, PC---Till1---Printer---Till2.

Have tried a spare printer - same printer same settings, but I get exactly the same error displayed. It's as if the printer doesn't exist!

Any thoughts please?

2 Replies
Trusted Member

have you tried sp8800?

scar
Topic starter

Yes. From both tills.

Till 1 printer needed a reset - Turn off, press and hold the front button then turn on and it dumps it's cache.
Now working fine

Till 2 printer was a different kettle of fish - Found the problem to be a change of Baud Rate for some obscure reason. Changed back to 19,600 and all works fine, although we suspect the battery in the unit may have gone hence losing it's settings.

Share: