Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

NX-5400-01 programming

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,
I'm a newbee to all this, but hoping someone can help me out?
I have a NX-5400-01F, which I need to change prices on, set up 10% discount buttons, change clerc info etc. on, and I'm not getting very far.
I managed to get some interesting codes up through SP mode on the key setting and then typing 100 X . 1 and various other codes, but I'm driving blind - I only have the Operator Manual.

I have tried to connect to PC and download from it into PLM 2000, but the connection times out - have checked the PC settings (correct com port etc) but is there something I need to do to the till to put it into PC Comm mode or something??

If anyone has a programming manual or can help with connecting to the PC, I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks,
Chris

5 Replies
Admin
Honorable Member

Hi,

Here's a little bit to get you started,

Changing Prices:

Turn the key to Z1/P
Key in 305
Press the X key
Key in the PLU Number of the key that you want to change
Press . (Decimal Point)
Key in the new price (Without the decimal point so £1.50 is just 150)
Press X
Press CL twice and repeat from the beginning for any others

Changing Clerk Names:

Turn the key to SP
Key in 212
Press the X key
Key in the Clerk Number of the clerk you want to change
Press the . key (Decimal Point)
Key in the new clerk name using the alphabet keys
Press CASH
Press CL twice and repeat from the beginning for any others

See how you get on with this and let me know of any problems you come across, then i'll gladly help you with the other queries you have. I've also PM'd you a little extra info.

Also, are you certain you have the correct cable to use the PLM software? If you do there are still a few settings on the till itself to set it up for programming, I'll get back to you on that.

Regards

EPoS Wizard

Topic starter

Hi,

Not sure my replies to your PM are getting through as they are sat in outbox...

I think the till is stuck in Track mode or something... any ideas how to get it out of that? can't ring anything through...

I have also PP'd you for contents of PM... please send asap as I need to get this till working by Wednesday!! 🙁

The cable I'm using is a usp - serial cable... can I use the RJ-45? if so, what IP is the Till and how do I connect?

Many thanks,

Chris

Admin
Honorable Member

Hi,

The cable you are using is not the right one, it has to be a serial to serial cable and is specific to uniwell so you won't be able to buy one, you'll have to make it yourself or have it made up.

There is no other way to communicate with this cash register ie RJ45, that connector is for till to till communications not till to pc.

Let me know how you get on with my suggestion and we'll continue from there.

Regards

EPoS wizard

Hi all... I know this post is quite dated. However I recently acquired a uniwell 5400-01 and although I have done a lot of tedious keyboard programming I would like to connect this thing to my win7 computer. This has a 9pin rs232 port. I also have a cable to connect to the ECR. When I run PLM 2000 I get a time out error. I have shorted pins 2&3 on the end of the cable that connects into the ECR and using hyperterminal confirmed that data is passing through tge cable. Now what? Any ideas or thoughts gratefully accepted.

Page 1 / 2
Share: