Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Lost enter button on SX700 Uniwell Till

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,

I have recently been trying to sort out the PLUs on the bar till.

Unfortunately both my clear and enter buttons have stopped working.

Can anyone help me with an engineer code as I have read that's what I will need to program them back working.?

Thanks Pete

3 Replies

HELP ME PLEASE!

I managed to completely jam the Uniwell SX-8505 till at my bosses pub! Basically, the CL (clear button) and the ENTER button do not work - I was messing around with the till and some how re-programmed them both as something else.

How do I access the default keyboard layout so that the ENTER and CL key can be re-programmed to what they should be.

I have tried holding down the three X buttons, turing the machine off and then back on. However, I don't see F0 anywhere on the screen at all. There are a couple of lines that say ROM or something like that.

Anyhow, when I hold the X's down, turn it off and then back on, when I am on the screen with the ROM thing, I can selet 1 and then clerk id, but it takes me to the program function key screen which is where it's stuck.

Does anyone know the engineer code so that when I do the holding the three X's down procedure, I can type in the engineer code instead so that I can re-program the enter and CL keys?

I am not sure if this is how you do it, but any help would be much apprecited. My email is gary.john.bell@hotmail.co.uk!

(@Anonymous)

HELP ME PLEASE!

I managed to completely lose my enter key on the Uniwell SX-700! Basically, the CL (clear button) and the ENTER button do not work - I was changing PLU's and prices etc on the till and some how re-programmed them both as something else.

How do I access the default keyboard layout so that the ENTER and CL key can be re-programmed to what they should be.

I have tried holding down the three X buttons, turing the machine off and then back on. However, I don't see know what to do after this.

Anyhow, when I hold the X's down, turn it off and then back on, the till does change to a programmed keyboard but the enter key does not seem to work on there either? is there something else i can do?

Does anyone know the engineer code so that when I do the holding the three X's down procedure, I can type in the engineer code instead so that I can re-program the enter and CL keys?

I am not sure if this is how you do it, but any help would be much apprecited. My email is kerry @ thebeachcafebar .co. uk

Reputable Member

Hi Kerry,

You are doing the right thing by trying to hold down the 3 keys and turning the power back on, but the enter key is likely to be in a different place on the default keyboard.

What type of keyboard do you have, raised keys or flat keys?

Also, does anything flash up on the screen when you do the above? Ie [F0] or [C0]

Share: