Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

DX 895

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Dear All,

I have the following problem with my DX-895 unwell. The employee called me stating that some PLUs (Items) are missing from the screen, while others are still showing.
I have entered in the Lookup PLUs and found some PLUs are not assigned. By trying to assign already existing PLUs I was getting some errors with the system, same PLU not existing, even it is existing. I have noticed some PLUs are having a very large number in millions rather than the default listing.

Thought of changing the battery, as it seems I have corruption with the configuration file. After changing the battery, I am not able to boot the machine, I am stuck in the IR page.

Can you please advice how to proceed?
I think I should boot from the defaults, and arise the configuration file, but I am not sure how to have an initial boot.

Can you help me please.

Regards,
Mostafa

3 Replies

I have posted the IR process on here before if you search for it.

I'm on my mobile at the moment so can't do so myself

Edit:

The first step is to take the till fully off, turn S key to 'BLIND' position (past Z1/P).

Perform an Initial Reset and calibrate the screen (A, then B). Note, to perform Initial Reset: >Turn power switch to off, >Turn power switch to on, >As soon as the blue light comes on, touch bottom left of screen, then touch top right of screen (must be in quick succession, and before the green A+B screen comes up).

If you hear four successive bleeps, you have succeeded. If not, try again, it requires the correct timing.

That should clear down anything that is locked up and let you recalibrate the touch-screen as well. Once that's done turn the key back to Reg and see if it's responding.

To initialise the IRC, turn the key to Z1/P, enter your manager code, 8800 ENTER and it'll do what's needed.

Topic starter

Dear Simon,

Thank you for the support, but I got your reply somewhat late and I was eager to boot the till.
I did go into the SP 9901 to erase the configuration, and SP 9999 to initiate a new setup. I know I have wiped out all the data, but I had no other option at that time.

Can you guide me on how to setup a serial printer on the machine, I am not sure how to do this, and how to set the baud rate, etc...

Is there is a software to control the till, perform backup of the configuration, and programming (data entry) as it is really pain in the neck to do this via the screen.

Thank you,
Mostafa

There is software that can help program the till, but it is only available from a dealer and costs a lot of money.

I haven't used those machines in a long time, so I'm sorry but I can't remember the procedure for setting them up from scratch. You've got a very long road ahead of you if you've never done it before.

Share: