Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

API for rs232 commu...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

API for rs232 communication with ECRs

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 arky
Topic starter

Good after noon EPoS!

I am searching the net for information on how to "talk" with Cash Registers via their RS232 port.
I am familiar with RS232 communication but my problem is that i dunno their API in order to be able to
send them commands, for example to print a receipt via a selling software that works on the PC.

If any has any information/documents about this, i'd be very thankfull if u share with me...

arky

3 Replies
Trusted Member

Hi

In relation to what you are looking for, what are you using to talk to the cash registers? i.e. are you developing a software package? Each brand is different so i would need to know a bit more on what you are doing to check this out for you

Regards
Tillman

arky
Topic starter

Good evening tillman,

Yes, i am developing a software that needs to print receipts to cash registers, open the tray, etc. I am familiar with rs232 communication, but i dont know what to "write" to the rs232 port so that the printer will receive it as a command and do what i want....

ANY help is much appreciated,

thanks a lot
arky

Trusted Member

standard comms would be as follows

pc till
3 2
2 3
5 5

theses are the pin outs for talking to a pc

hope this helps
regards