Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SHARP XE-A307 and Scanner LS9208 - programming parameters

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 rad
Topic starter

Hi everyone,
Could you please help me to set up LS9208? What are the settings to make it work with Sharp XE-A307 cash register.
I have manual in pdf and I am familiar how to program the device (by scanning relevant barcodes from the manual).
Unfortunatelly I have no idea what are the correct options with ref to cash register.
Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Rad

7 Replies
Estimable Member

There's a thread similar to this a bit lower in this forum and porty and I have answered those questions there.

rad
Topic starter

Thanks, I have read this topic, wasn't sure wether this was relevant for LS9208. I have tried these settings with no luck however I do not have any dedicated Rs232 cable from sharp (just the original with Symbol scanner). Have you got diagram for pinouts by any chance? What are the ASCII codes for suffix and prefix (STX - 1003 or 1002?, LF 1013?)

Estimable Member

It's 1002 for the prefix.

Pretty sure 10 is line feed.

Pin out is male on the scanner end and female on the register end.

2 - 2
3 - 3
5 - 5

Handshaking spoofed on both ends.

rad
Topic starter

I have original cable with the scanner but that is male and I had to use male-female converter to connect it to the cash register. Does it mean that I have to still make a new cable? (Using your diagram).

Btw. What does it mean? "Handshaking spoofed on both ends"?

I appreciate your help.

Page 1 / 2
Share: