Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Sharp UP-3000 Master/Slave and printing problems

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

The set up at work had two UP-3000 tills connected by what appears to be co-ax cable. The main till (master I think) has recently broke down and may not be cost effective to fix. The second till (slave?) is in the function room which is seldom used so I have swapped them over to have a working till in the bar.
To start with I couldn't get the printer (Epson heat transfer) to work with the swapped over till but I managed to find settings in the manual and it is now printing. Unfortunately it is printing everything, all the time. Every sale is printed out, not like a receipt just a list of every transaction. I can't find how to stop this. Switching the printer off results in an error message after every transaction which goes if I press 'ignore'.

The other problem is that I can't do any management functions on the swapped till. On the other till I could close the till at the end of the night by pressing 'mgr fu' then 'z public'. Pressing 'z function' would close the till in the function room. Now I get a red error box saying 'data entry error' when I try to do this and I can't print out the days totals and reset the till to zero.

I always thought that by using number 1 key all functions would be available but it appears not. I have poured over the manual bur cant find our how to allow the management functions.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2 Replies

I have managed to sort out the printing problem but I'm still stumped on management functions.
Can anyone help?

Reputable Member

You usually have to turn the machine into a standalone register if you want it to have control. Normally the master controls the others so their manager functions are disabled. I haven't done much with the 3300 so I don't know the settings. Look in your manuals to see if you have settings to make it a standalone machine.

Share: