Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Journal not showing voids? Up-820n

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Is this possible or maybe discounts or something else? Almost all the transactions are entered in the glu. Ive been adding up my z1s and z2s and the numbers are not matching. Employee I suspect could be doing this has access to manager mode and knows more about this register than me as well. Is there a way I can recover the manager key or make the journal display more?

4 Replies

This serves to show the importance of a proper system and what happens when you don't.

In you first post here you were talking about trying to save money by using these two cheap old tills, now you're worried that you're losing money because a staff member is stealing from you.

Do yourself a favour and find a dealer who can supply you with a decent system and set it up correctly. You'll save money in the long run, and have a lot less stress.

it's a family run business and i'm just trying to help my parents. There is 1 dealer in our town who set up these registers for an absurd amount a few years ago before I was even involved in the business. If there was any other local dealers I'd be on the phone with them right now. I've been considering convincing them to invest in a cloud POS but i'd like to secure these registers asap atleast, if it was my business I would buy new registers.

I understand that, but you are in the US and that is a US specific machine,which is likely why you got no rest to your first thread.

I understand you're trying to help your parents, but if you suspect this staff member is stealing then they are likely losing far more than the cost of replacing the machines.

Basic troubleshooting though... What figures exactly don't match up that you're concerned about?

I took the x2 net from two consecutive days and compared the difference with my z1 nets summed together with the voids from the z1s added to the sum as well. I think thats right... because the x2 net doesnt include voids? The x2 difference was over by about 1k. However not sure if I did it right and now I notice one of my x2s is a transaction report and one is a server report. I just started trying to learn how to use these things last week never used a cash register before ;) . Also the transaction count difference on the x2s is way higher than the z1 transaction count sum.

Im going to z everything out and try again the next few days. Hopefully Im just misunderstanding something. Is it possible to hide transactions on the journal in some way? Sorry if that was confusing Ive been losing alot of sleep over this... been up for awhile.

Share: