Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

adding % key on Sharp UP X-300

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

I need to add a % key on this machine, so I can make discounts on items and total amount. However, I can't seem to find a tutorial how to do this? I figure it has to be done somewhere in key programming, however I can't seem to get it right. Can someone help me out with this one?

3 Replies

No one who can help me? Support on this machine seems to be nowhere to be found, so I thought I'd post here... But I guess I was too optimistic?

Prominent Member

I can help with the x300, although it is quite a complex machine to program. Do you have the back office manual?
For what you want to do you'll need to put two discount keys on. One for item discount and one for subtotal discount.
To put the keys on the keyboard you need to go to free key layout, then in the mode pick screen selection. Pick the screen you want to put the keys then in mode pick key edit. Find the % keys from the drop downs on the left hand side and drag them across to the area you want them to be in on the screen. Double click on the buttons to edit colour, text etc.
You then need to go to pos programming and function keys and then % keys and set what you want the keys you previously put on the keyboard to do.
I like the x300, but you really need to know what you're doing when it comes to programming. That's why they never really caught on as it was a bit beyond the average user to program.

Thank you so much for your reply! I do have a very limited manual that came from the previous owner. Just didn't say anything about drag & fro functionality. I think I can figure it out with your tips, thanks so much! 😀

Share: