Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

er5100 Department 230 Report

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi

I programmed up an er5100 last month.
This was my first time with this make of till.
I started from a default factory condition.
After programming I reset all the totalizers via the Z reads at that time (201,202,230).

After a period of 4 weeks trading I turned key to Z, and entered 230 ST.

The department 230 report printed (headed by Z2 REPORT 0053, ALL DEPT).
The problem is ...... the 230 report only shows a count of 1 for each product and the SALES AMT is the product's selling price.
For example:
DEPT1:FOSTERS
CNT 1.00
SALES AMT 2.65
DEPT2:MILD
CNT 1.00
SALES AMT 2.10

The outlet has sold 100's of Fosters and Mild.

The Financial 201 showed the correct £20,000 of sales.

Has anyone seen this before, or know what is wrong with the 230 report? Is there a Totalizer flag that needs setting somewhere?

By the way, we had to program a few new descriptions and prices midway in the period, and I assume this would not affect anything.

I am now doubting whether I have read and understood the manual correctly. I assume the keys 1 to 107 are departments. I assigned a description and preset price (level1) to each of these keys. I did not program any plu's. After seeing the report I'm now a bit doubtful about the programming, as I am used to the Casio terminology, where these keys are termed PLU keys (flat).

Thanks for your help.

Steve

4 Replies
Reputable Member

have you ran the 30 subtotal z report first?

this has to be run before you get any true figures from 230

Topic starter

Hi Peter

Thanks very much for replying.

I did not run the 30. I did last time, but not this time. Damn.
(I'm used to the Casios where the Z1 and Z2 do not interfere or rely on each other).

I am only 3 days into this current stock period, so may be able to retrieve the situation.

I have a few more questions if you can help further.

I took the 230 on Monday of this week. Do you know if the failed 230 I took on Monday will have reset to zero; and if I took a 30 then a 230 in four weeks time, the 230 would then show sales from this Monday?
Or do I need to ring the site today and get them to do a 30 , then a 230, and start accumulating sales for this coming period, from today? I'll probably lose 3 days of sales but I can live with that (mid week sales are very low).

Thanks again.

Steve

Reputable Member

the sales should still be there, because you didnt do the 30 (z1) so the 230 you did will from the last time you did the 30..

if you havent done a 30 since last week for example then no matter how many times you do a 230 it wont include the figures because you havent done a 30 report

Topic starter

Hi Peter

Great, I now understand.

I rang the outlet late last night and they did a 30 and 230 for me after they had cashed up. The quantities sound like they are correct now.

Thanks for your help. Very many thanks indeed.

Steve

Share: