Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

ER 5400M Service key

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Can anyone please explain to me what the use of the "Service" function/key is on the 5400M ? I have a rolling/accumulating amount denoted as "Service" on my till rolls which I do not understand. Help!!!!!

7 Replies

you have inadvertently either !. used the clerk interrupt feature - every time you log off the cerk with the "service" total, it adds up - simply hit the cash key after signing in on each clerk in turn.

or 2. opened a table and are adding a value to it - cash off the table to complete the transaction -

it can only be one or the other - but its a 5200 not a 5400???

Hi!
Thanks you for this...and yes it is a 5200M!

Could this use of the "Service" button be used in any way to mask cash/orders going through the bar? I think I have a problem with my stock!

it could delay - the order but not mask it - the total would be the value of goods sold so stock would - [should] match.
the only way to stop this is to disable clerk interrupt - not the best idea in a bar if its the only till.

Thanks so much for this Andy...if someone wanted to hide cash taken over the bar for drinks, to remove the cash from the till at end of play, would use of the Service button help? I am at my wits end, I know cash is going out of the door but can't find out where, and times are hard enough in the trade

Page 1 / 2
Share: