Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Easy 2 Touch TS600

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Easy 2 Touch TS600

Unit has been sitting in my office in its box for about a year.

On powering up I have a message saying CMOS battery low. The standard operating software is not booting either.

Will leaving the CMOS battery to charge solve the problem? I presume the installed software will be intact?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary

7 Replies

The CMOS battery is located on the motherboard, it is a CR2032 lithium battery and will not recharge, so you will always have this problem. Its not too tricky to replace, but if you need any help, let us know.

Topic starter

Thanks myteck,

Is the motherboard easy enough to access?

Also, when I replace the battery, will that allow me to access the operating software/interface?

thanks for your help.

Gary

Yes, the cover is easy to remove and you will see the battery (looks like a large watch battery). Have you tried connecting a keyboard and pressing F1 to continue (any standard USB keyboard would be fine), this should let the system boot to Windows, if not, you may have problems with your boot drive as well. If this is OK, just change the battery, enter CMOS settings, do date and time etc and save and exit, this should then work fine.

Let me know how you get on, I can have a look if you get stuck my email is myteckrepair@aol.com

Topic starter

Hi MYTek,

I have accessed the motherboard with the cmos battery. The battery already in it is a 3.6v tl-5186. Is the CR2032 you recomend compatable?

Also, is there a knack to getting the blighter out? Seems stuck fast to me!.

Thanks again

Gary

Page 1 / 2
Share: