Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Olivetti ecr 7700 cant turn key to prg

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi, I hope someone can help today. I bought an Olivetti ecr 7700 till yesterday. Need it for tomorrow morning in shop and need to program it. To do so you need to turn the key to the prg position which is to the left of OFF. However, the key won't turn any further left than off and although there are other positions to the right of off it doesn't turn that way all the way around to prg either. I realise i'm probably being a bit dense but in videos looked at on youtube they seem to just turn the key to the left of off. mine won't budge that way. Does anyone know anything about this?

many thanks for any help

1 Reply

look at the head of the key, it will say something like "op" for operator or "reg" for register mode you may even have one that says "x" which will allow you to get to X MODE READINGS..

What you need is a key that says "ow" for owner or "pgm" for programming.

bottom line - different keys go to different positions on the lock

you tube for programming tills???? what next? i once saw a vid on there showing a car battery cut open to reveal a hundred aa cells! totally irresponsible as if you try this you will end up pouring sulphuric acid all over the place get that in your eyes and see whos laughing! !Head

Share: