Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Two questions for t...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Two questions for those in the know?

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi

1) Does anyone know if it is possible to have the EFT and Till Transaction on one receipt, like they do in Tesco?
It is a minor issue but it would save on paper and a second or two on every card transaction. This overtime would help enourmously.

2) Does anyone have any experience with CCTV overlay? Is it possible to have this implemented wirelessly or without purchasing an additional box? I don't have that many spare ports on my Epos so keen to use most easiest method. The dealer I bought from doesn't do CCTV in any form.

Much to my annoyance, my recently installed HiKVision 1080p DvR doesnt have the POS functionality so I dont think the 2017 Touchpoint feature is much use.

Thanks

6 Replies

1) No - can't be done, and probably never will be due to the separation between the EPoS software and the actual EFT

2) Yes. If you have an up-to-date licence and can run 2017 software then you can set CCTV overlay on IP instead of serial. You would, obviously, need a CCTV system that understands the IP stream incoming and knows what to do with it though. The HikVision DS-7716NI-I4/16P/KB running V3.4.90 build 161111 is definitely compatible.

Hi Simon.

Thanks for your swift reply.

RE #1 Not a major issue

RE#2 The DVR model that you mentioned supports POS according to its user manual on the official website.

However the model I have (DS-7332HGHI-SH) doesn't seem to support the POS function. It neither comes up as a option on my IVMS 4200 software or is it mentioned in its manual. Shame as it doesn't seem like a hefty feature to exclude from a DvR. I have emailed the company hoping they have some sort of firmware update or workaround solution. !thumbs

1) No - can't be done, and probably never will be due to the separation between the EPoS software and the actual EFT

I think it can ;) but that depends on the integration. :)

Thanks guys for your replies. Appreciate the time you take out to help the end user.

Another question, is it possible to have certain PLUs to be exempt from discounts?

For example, we offer 10% discount to our staff. This only works once sub-total has been pressed. Very few certain items have less than 10% profit margin. As we have 5,000 PLUs it's not really realistic to inform staff of every single discount exempt item. Ideally, their would like there to be a flag with the option but I don't see that in the settings.

Thanks

Page 1 / 2
Share: