Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Touchoffice Web

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Touchoffice Web

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi!

I have recently taken over a new venue, 4 ICR Touch units I have managed to rescue, and re-program. Two of the units are running ICR Touch 2017 v68.13 which two are running a 2011 version on Windows Embedded POS 2009.

The tills are working fine, need a bit of programming tweaking / starting again but myself and partner are fairly good with programming and networking the units and peripherals having worked with ICR Touch for over a decade so aren't really in need of an Engineer / Dealer.

I just wondered however if anybody knows how we would be able to sign up to Touch Office Web - as ideally we would like be able to run some reports. I believe the system probably came with a hard copy in the office many years ago as we have rescued a dongle but we would prefer the online version. Is anybody able to set us up on the system - appreciate there will be a recurring cost attached.

Cheers

Simon

5 Replies

Firstly, If those four machines are all networked to each other then you will have problems as they all need to be running the identical version (both major and minor release).

Secondly, the 2011 versions will not support a link to TouchOfficeWeb anyway, no matter what you try.

Thirdly, it is not possible to get a TouchOfficeWeb account without a dealer being involved, as ICR don't deal directly with end users. Any dealer is going to charge you the monthlies plus a support cost.

Thanks for the quick reply Simon, I thought running different versions would be problematic and is something we need to address, in the short term day to day it is currently functioning though.

We do have another stand alone unnetworked version running the 2017 version (on the entry till) which could be swapped with an older unit so we would need an upgrade on one unit.

i wondered if anybody could quote on doing this remotely, setting up TO Web and then providing the support element on an ad-hoc basis... I have used TO Web in previous employment without the need for support for longer than a year and my boss is reluctant to spend money on ongoing support we may not use...

Simon

Drop a PM to Rob R (member72732.html) and he should get email confirmation. He's up your neck of the woods and may be able to help you out - he's a very good guy.

Thanks Simon - I will do.

I'm wondering if in the meantime finding a copy of the non online Touch Office may do the trick to avoid the ongoing support as we have the access dongle. Are you aware if there are any software download links online? I believe it was Version 4 that the venue had previously if the dongles are version specific.

Page 1 / 2
Share: