Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

STARTING FROM SCRAT...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

STARTING FROM SCRATCH

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi
i have an enquiry about setting up an online website, from where customers can order goods with a view to having said goods paid for online and delivered to their door.
the "shop" has absolutely no infastructure thus far [no tills or icrtouch of any kind]

could someone please walk me through, step by step, what is needed and how to set up each moudule to talk correctly to the next, in order to make this work please.

Im a "hands on" till engineer with self taught seat of my pants experience with touchpoint.
never have i been involved in a software only corner shop solution.

totally out of my depth here
!dunce !dunce !dunce !dunce

4 Replies

Whatever way you approach this, you're going to need the till linked to ICR's web services in order to provide the link to a website - either TouchTakeAway, or the customer's own webshop running something like WooCommerce.

The payment (if made through the website) should be PayPal, so your customer will need a PayPal Business account. The other option is SagePay, but yet again that's a service which is ordered and provisioned via ICR.

If they haven't got any form of system at all at the moment then it's going to be a fairly sizeable job to set up from scratch, depending on the type of business, range of products, and how sensible the customer is.

Topic starter

Thanks for that Simon.
TOW, TTA AND commander all set up
now where do sales report to ? !Chin

If they're all set up then the sale should be reported to both tillconfig.net (look under the "WebShop Advanced" tab, and on touchoffice.net.

PayPal payments can take a few days to actually reach the customer's account - up to five I believe, but as long as the sales are being recorded and printing out on the till's printers then all should be good.

Are you on the ICR forum? Look me up if you are.

Topic starter

hi Si - thanks for that - yes and no lol - im on the forum via a third party as I'm freelance - i work very closely with several dealers but am not a dealer in my own right.
A question very similar to this was asked on the forum earlier and also one re avast antivirus - i think you answered both there too - so you can work out who the third party is lol

Share: