Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Sam4s or Casio for ...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Sam4s or Casio for a pub till?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I'm looking to go into a pub and wondered which are the best till systems suitable for a pub. I know the pub already has a Casio TE-4500F, but I'd like to be able to do reporting and stock management, but not really know much about how good Casio one's are for this? Plus, the Sam4s SPS530 with Samstock, seems reasonably priced compared to Casio equivalent. Has anyone experience of these and/or what do other pubs have?

Cheers

Andy

2 Replies

Different pubs have different systems. We supply Uniwell ROM based systems with back office software for full stock control and they do the job very well for our customers, but it really comes down to money and what you like the look of.
We also do PC-based systems, but they are often overkill for a small pub.
It is worth your while to contact a local EPoS company and ask them to come and see you - won't cost anything to have a chat.

the 530 is a touch screen hybrid so u get the best of both worlds
icr touch on a touch screen terminal seems to be flavour of the month -combining quality at a reasonable price.
these terminals do not suffer so much with memory restrictions as do the rom based jobbies
[though in a pub there should be plenty of capacity on the 530]
not sure why you want to go the samstock route as well as the 530?
the machine alone can easily control stock.
or look at the 900 series samstocks - you lose the touch screen and the printers are a little more "cheap n cheerful" but if you want to go samstock -thats a cheaper "front end"
You never mentioned if you intend to do meals at any point?
if so, the 530 is more flexible in that department -but that also pushes me more towards icr touch [which is also compatible with samstock]

ive tried to be impartial - but have to admit that i love the 530 range for its flexability

Share: