Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

how to generate bar...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

how to generate barcode labels for stock without EAN

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi

I have just bought a Casio TE-2200 which I am very pleased with esp the chance to use scanning barcodes to reduce mistakes and speed up the checkout process.

We have a small gift shop and while some suppliers can supply barcoded product, some cannot.

Can anyone recommend a program and printer to generate barcodes for inhouse use? Ideally I could also print the price onto the labels as well.

Many thanks

Alan

1 Reply
Topic starter

Well, I have answered my own question:-

I have bought a Dymo 450 label printer, it comes with software for under £100. It will print a lot of different barcode formats by simply designing a label and entering the code. I have used the smallest label and can get an EAN 8 code and price on the same label.

I have an excel database to keep track of the codes, although at present this isnt strictly necessary as i have a simple scheme - the first digit is the supplier and the next 6 digits the suppliers own product code. Should a supplier have longer codes, I may need a translation table and likewise if I find more than 9 suppliers that dont provide EAN barcodes, then I may have an issue. but this will suffice for a long time I suspect.

Alan

Share: