Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Help with Sam4s er3...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Help with Sam4s er380m

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi i would be very greatful if anybody could help me out with my problem it's a long story. I have this cash register with a barcode scanner which was recently put on the till after 3 weeks i had successfully scanned every item in the shop(a long process) and this was great for about 2months until the scanner broke. So i ordered a new one which i thought was the same however i didn't realise the new one was a usb connection and not a serial £195 down the drain, as i waited for an engineer a friend of a friend to come and fit it missing the return date. So i then purchased one with the same connection a serial connection hoping i could just plug it in and play but that didn't happen so out came the engineer and he got it working but i was going to have to scan every item again. I thought the memory would be in the till not the scanner? So i have started scanning my items back into the till only to find certain barcodes wont work and the till comes up with the message "warning sequence error" i was just wondering if anybody could please help me out.
Many Thanks.

3 Replies
Prominent Member

Oh dear. You have been unlucky with your 'engineer'.
The items are in the till. The scanner hasn't been set up properly and is adding (or subtracting) an extra digit into the barcode probably. Did you get a set up sheet with the scanner? You would just scan in the programming codes that match up with the till settings, which you will find in your till manual.
As for your USB scanner, you would have got away with just getting the correct serial cable and reprogramming that scanner.

Topic starter

Thanks for the reply to be fair the engineer was doing us a favour and i don't have the till manual but i do have the scanner instructions as i bought this brand new, but i don't mind saying the set up instructions are way beyond me there is about 300 barcodes to scan and how you know which ones are relevant i have no idea.

there is no right and wrong way of setting the scanner - just that the new one has to be set the same way as the old one.
do not waste time and memory reinputting the data
find the part of the booklet relating to "create check digit" and try yes then no - if this fails, it may not be the fault of this engineer but the one who installed the first scanner?
if u get stuck, p m me and i will send you the correct scansheet for that particular till
cheers

Share: