Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Cash Register or EP...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Cash Register or EPOS for Craft Shop

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,

we are in the process of setting up a craft shop and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on what is the most suitable cash register or EPOS system.

We will have quite a number of lines so I was wondering if there is any value in opting for a small epos system?

We are using quickbooks for our accounts and I am not sure if we could hook up a till into this?

Any help appreciated?

Thank you.

1 Reply

depends on what you want from the system!
if you want accurate stock control, then yes epos is the way to go but............
a craft shop says to me lots of intricate jewellery and one off products - not something that easy to barcode? and for the "one offs" why? if its on the shelf - you haven't sold it - if its not - you have!
The procedure for correct stock control takes a significant amount of labour to maintain - do you have the time?

simple trinkets are probably better sold the old fashioned way - through a cash register with several departments [a sam4s 420 can have a scanner attached and can handle round 5000 lines fully rammed [sales brochure boasts 8000 but only if all other features stripped bare]] and has 12 departments giving you both options [back office software also available.
the next step up has 110 on keyboard departments and can also handle a scanner - both options far far cheaper than epos touch screens etc

Share: