Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

GELER ET-6600 CHANGE BUTTON NAME?

41 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
Eminent Member

Hi

I have taken over from somebody who changed the register so much it is completely upside down.

I am slowly reading through the manual to get it back straight but I cant seem to get to the bottom of changing the button names.

I have it set-up with most of my products actually priced on buttons and I can change the button price but not worked out how to change the name that appears on the till etc

Any help Please?? :cry:

40 Replies

I assume that price and name change buttons are not on keyboard. Some versions of et6600 have these features but factory version eprom won't.
Have you programmed the buttons as departments or plu's, and is the keyboard a flat or raised button?

Topic starter
Eminent Member

hi, thanks for reply.

the keys are flat.

i have not done any programming as it was set-up previously & i have little experience with tills.

i have a key lay-out print off which looks like an original that came with the till. This shows the DSGN button where now reads Price change as he changed the key lay-out with paper etc.

not sure about the plu or departments etc? on a z reading it says departments are things like confectionary, drinks, food, which some of the keys/button items are allocated to.

I am struggling.

Topic starter
Eminent Member

when pressing a key for say mars bar it automatically has the price etc, it will allocate to confectionary then coke to drinks and so on.

doesnt help that he hasnt set things up as the manual suggests.

You are using plus then.
The easiest way for you would be to use a 'name change' button.

Turn key to p2 and press the following

STRT
SEL
INPUT
DSGN
C
INPUT

Turn key back to Reg

If this code takes then you should have a 'name change' button programmed at key position two to left of digit 1.
To test turn key to V and press this button twice. If you need the keyboard positions of these program buttons see manual page 7 or pm me with email details

Page 1 / 9
Share: