Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Am I being taken fo...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Am I being taken for a ride.

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Not sure where to place this but here goes. I have only just noticed that there are a lot of Voids on my tills. Apparently, when the staff make a mistake they press "total" and place the receipt in the till and start again. Then the bar manager voids them of at the end of the night, before he does the "Z" reading. This would presumably balance the stock levels, but what about the cash side of it?? ie, if they had not actually made a mistake, would they be able to take the money out of the till, I cant seem to get my head around this. Any ideas anybody??

3 Replies
Trusted Member

well the procedure for Voids is for the staff who have no control not to be able to and manger only.

If its a bar then a regular stock take would show any given away stuff because you would be short of stock to what you have sold and bought in.

Uniwell do this affordable software UNIBOS ALERT "that links to your till and feeds live data to a back office or your pc at home so you can watch exactly what the void and mistake is LIVE.

works great with CCTV.

or you could clear your till down . Do a stock take . run the till for one night then count everything in the morning and run a report of the till. "This would soon tell you if anything was given away or sold but money pocketed.

You should try gettting a consultant company who can supply the kit or set this up . Try 01604 830010 if your from the midlands .

Otherwise visit the uniwell site x . Hope this is of help to you .,

remove the void option and set compulsory cash declaration - that way, the manager HAS to tell the till how much money is in the drawer BEFORE the till tells him how much money SHOULD be in the drawer.
it then becomes a "company policy" on how to handle voids/mistakes

I would have to say that I agree with the 18 rule. Legal things could happen and if youre 18 or over, then everything is... okay in a sense.

Im 17 and I know I cant be on the radio. Its just something you live with.

Share: