Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

TE-8500f with CV31: Connection Issue.

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,
At my job, we recently bought two second hand TE-8500f from a nearby closing store. They didn't use a POS System like the CV-31 and did everything directly from the cash register.
So, I bought the CV-31 with the RS232 cable from cashregisterstore[.]com

We connected the cable, check and test every possible setting for the COM port (in windows and the TE-8500f), but no trial were a success. The symbol on the cash register doesn't even show up.

We also check the wiring of the RS232 cable and saw that it wasn't the same that the casio service manual. The wiring of the casio manual doesn't look to be the standard for a 5 wire RS-232, so we rebuild another RS232 cable following the manual diagram, but still nothing.

Standard RS232:

From Casio Manual's RS232:

I did saw that the cash register have a IPL whose not in the list of the CV-31, so I tried everyone of them when I was testing the connection.

Cash Register IPL:
AAMMAB 3912

CV-31:
AAMTAB 1.00
AAMTAB-AAMTAD 1.10-1.12
AAMTAE-AAMTAG 1.20-1.22
AAMTAH-AAMTAI 1.30-1.31

So I'm wondering if the problem is the IPL of the cash register, cause the company that sell the cash register tend to block feature on what they sell and don't even want to help us, cause they prefer to sell us a new cash register. Sadly casio limits their support site to their reseller and, in my case, the reseller is no help.

So I'm eagerly waiting for your advices.

5 Replies
Estimable Member

IPL isn't the problem. Flag clear your machine and never plug/unplug a RS232 on a Casio while its turned on. Could mess it up seriously. Then run your communication.

Hi,

Sorry for my english

Do you resolve your probleme ?

I have the same IPL (AAMMAB from Devlyx) and i can't connect to it with CV program.
When i load AAMURAC 1.11 (it's for TE7000S) IPL i can establish connection but i have error E0003 (i can't determine if this error from IPL or from my cash register)

Do you have test IPL delivered with CV31 and have you the same problem as me ?

Thank you

Estimable Member

Try this:

http://cashregistersite.com/communication-errors-ezp-3.html

The diagram I use is slightly different and also came form a Casio manual, but I have used it sucessfully. Hope this helps.

Page 1 / 2
Share: