Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

pc usb-serial connection to TE-4500

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi All

I'm sure it's just my unfamiliarity with all things epos. Each step along the route is another hurdle past, the next one, not yet in view.
I have volunteered to help with the reconfiguration of a couple of Casio TE-4500 tills. The cv 22 s/w is configured as required. I foolishly assumed connection to the existing usb - serial dongle, via my XP pc, would result in instant comms. Quick download of modified files and away. No.
XP recognises a new usb 2 serial device, but needs a driver. There's nothing local, on the XP disc or in the cv 22 s/w. Even hunting with the 'fox' fails to suggest anything.
Any and all suggestions very welcome.

Thanks in advance

plough

2 Replies
Trusted Member

Hi,
As many people have found out in this forum, and many replies to the same, usb to serial converters are good for somethings, waste of time if you don't have drivers for them.

What type of pc are you trying to use the cv22 software on?
If it is a pc box, ie not a laptop, my suggestion is try for an internal serial card with a "proper" (db9 or db25) serial connector.
If its a laptop, purchase a converter with xp drivers, or a PCMCIA card with a "proper" serial connector.
Xp, in my experience is by far the best platform to run CV, PLM2000, sharplynx, etc, as most of the programs were written for it.

Kind Regards
Paul

Topic starter

Paul

Many thanks for that. Shook the brain up nicely. Of course I was missing the drivers for the usb - serial dongle attached to the till. Took my own. Configured cv 22. All working just in time for the function booked for tonight.

Russ

Share: