Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

none casio engineer let loose on a TE-4500

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Can someone please clarify if this is a pointless excerise.
I have a TE-4500 and have cleared the memory as the machine was dead on arrival and wouldn't soft reset.
Having hard reset the machine [ journal down in pgm power on] and having signs of life, I entered the 11 digit code as per the manual. At this point all looks good and the register goes through the motions.
the printer cycles and pushes a receipt then the screen goes out ant that's yer lot! lB
{its not the contrast slider either as rear led display also goes out.
Is this worth recovering - or should I call in the scrap man? [I'm a software issue not hardware - but like I said I'm not big on Casio]
any suggestions would be gratefully received.

4 Replies
Reputable Member

Can be a faulty mode lock. They will often RAM clear but cant select modes as the tracks wear off the mode lock pcb so they can go to off mode. Also, faulty printer could be locking it up. It will try to print on both rolls so may have the journal printer out which can kill it when it tries the journal printer. Ummm bad IPL.. lot less common.
Most commonly mode lock. Check the pcb on key switch.

Topic starter

Display dies a death before turning the key from pgm would that rule out the lock?
the sam4 7000 does something simiar with a faulty printer - I did wonder - you have certainly given me a few tings to play with - I'm starting printer first methinks
Thanks registerman !thumbs

Reputable Member

Yes, the mode lock is ignored during a clear but as soon as it prints out, it tries to jump to whatever the mode lock is set to. If the lock tracks are worn, that can often be off mode. Had it lots of times. Especially if the lock feels loose and weak to turn the key. Its only one screw in the bottom of the lock so easy to check. The barrel wears a ring right through the pcb tracks. Bit of a design fault but they last for years before it happens

Topic starter

Register man - you were 100% spot on with your lock theory - guess I owe you one big style. !super
Many thanks !worthy
all I have to do now is learn how to program it lol !thumbs

Share: