Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

CV22 & TE240 IPL match

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have the CV22 program but can not get it to talk to the ECR.
I need to modify the ECR and want to load the existing data into the CV22 prog ( dont want to loose this setup)
The manual tells me to set the ECR and CV22 type and IPL to match but the program does not have an IPL to match??
I have a null modem USB set up to Com1

3 Replies
Estimable Member

Give us a little more info on your setup?
(1) You have a "Null Modem Cable"?
(2) You have a "USB to Serial Adapter"?
(3) Your Laptop is running? XP? Vista? 7?
Kevin

Topic starter

hi
yes, usb seial adaptor, null modem adaptor and windows 7 on laptop

Estimable Member

I have had no luck with USB serial adapters and Windows 7, my experience is only with cheap Prolific adapters I have purchased.
Casio USA says they have had alot of luck with "Keyspan High Speed USB Serial Adapter Serial adapter" This brand runs between 30 and 50 USD and I haven't brought myself to spend that much.
(I am not advertising for Keyspan)

But, I will answer some questions you may have about Baud rates and I/O parameters.

(A) Don't get to bogged down into matching up which IPL version you are running. That is not going to effect communication at this point.

(B) What position does the key need to be set. Pretty much any, I have even had the key turned to the OFF position and it still communicates!

(C) Baud rates are important. There is the computer side and the Casio side. Lets talk about Casio side first:

This may look confusing but, what it says is for PC/ECR connection it only operates at 19200bps. so digit 2 of COM1 needs to always be a 0. And position 3 and 4 need to be zero's as well. Then why is there an option to change Baud rates in CV22? Dunno...

If for instance you have a pre-owned ECR and the previous owner had a printer connected to COM1 then the settings may have changed.
You can run a read report and find out-->PGM 3 Subtotal then Subtotal, and its the second to last line (Uses alot of paper) or:

Turn key to PGM-->3 subtotal, press 0198 subtotal, 0000000000000000 press CASH/Tend then Subtotal.
Flag Clear ECR.

(D) Make sure you are not in the middle of a transaction! Hit Subtotal then Cash to be sure.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not going too deep into PC side, just go to your Device Manager and find I/O devices there and make sure the Baud rate matches.

Kevin

Share: