Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

casio te 2400 initialisation

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi fellow cash register engineers.
i'm struggling to initialise this machine.
previous casios i have done required the nit code to be entered into the sub total button after powering up in pgm with a finger on the journal feed button.
all i get after numeric entry is error 004 - what am i doing wrong? !dunce
thanks in advance
Andy

4 Replies

There are two ways to reset your Casio TE2200:
(1) Next to COM1 on the left side of the ECR you should find a white slip of paper hiding a red reset button. Press this and you should see LLLLLLLLLL's on the screen.

(2)Turn key to off, Press and hold the Journal Feed key down as you turn key to PGM mode. Release Journal Feed key and you should see LLLLLLLLLLLLL's

After this you you will need to input a programming code.

There are UP TO 11 digits in your Init code. It is a string of numbers from LEFT to Right.
By default all digits are zero's EX: 0000000000

DIGIT 11 is a Zero if you want the secret Password to be printed on the INIT slip? Make it a number 4 if you don't.
DIGITS 7-10 would be your secret four digit password to protect anyone from getting into PGM MODES 3-7 and changing your settings.
Lets say you want a password and you don't want the password (Lets say the password is 1234) printed when you do a flag clear.
Then your code so far is:

DIGIT 6 is for language. 0=English, French=1, Spanish=2 and German=4

DIGIT 5 is Time and date format

DIGITS 3&4 and very important, This is Model Number. If you have a TE2200 your code has to be 25 and 04 for a TE2400

DIGIT 2 is tricky. If you want to use the Clerk Feature where you need to use Clerk keys make this a #1 on a TE2200 because you probably wont need table tracking.

DIGIT 1 is self explanatory. For Dollars=0, Euro only=1

But, I don't want to password anything and I don't want to be bothered with having to Clerk in and out to run a sale.
This is D11-->00000012500<--This is D1 - Standard simple initialise for the UK

After entering this number, press Subtotal key. The machine will print our a receipt with the IPL Version and the code that you just put in. Turn key to REG mode.

N.B. All this info was peeled from here previously, but has worked perfectly for me every time I've needed it.

Reputable Member

If you aren't going to use a scanning file, try 10402

Just noticed that I left my 12500 in there, based on the TE-2200's that I'd been programming. This would, of course, be 10400 for a TE-2400.

Topic starter

many thanks to both of you for taking the time and trouble to help out.
reason for the error tone was my formulation of the init code was a mile off !dunce

Share: