Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Uniwell TX 875 print settings issue

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

I have done a initial reset on a TX 875 and used the UniBOS software to copy a program from another TX 875 which has worked successfully (including a test print on receipt and kitchen printer). However when I turn the Uniwell power switch off and on again and try a test print, the receipt printer does 3 short line feeds before printing and then the till program runs really slowly, taking about 10 seconds to complete a transaction after pressing cash. It's like the printer settings change when powered off and on again. It's the same Citizen CT S2000 printer as on the other TX 875 and all the settings and cables are the same. I have reset and reprogrammed 4 times and it always does the same thing.... Anyone got any ideas???

6 Replies

You say "It's like the printer settings change when powered off and on again." Do you have any evidence of that? Have the printer settings actually changed? I'd be very surprised if they have, and if not then it's a fairly pointless thing to say.

Are both machines running the same firmware version?

What happens if you DON'T turn the second machine off? Bear in mind that these are probably at least ten years old, so way past their expected life.

You say "It's like the printer settings change when powered off and on again." Do you have any evidence of that? Have the printer settings actually changed? I'd be very surprised if they have, and if not then it's a fairly pointless thing to say.

What happens if you DON'T turn the second machine off? Bear in mind that these are probably at least ten years old, so way past their expected life.

Hi S1mon, I can't see any settings having changed, that's why I said "like the printer settings change". I have replaced the battery for a good one and cleared and reset and reloaded program from another TX 875 at another site (they are not connected) and the same thing happens when I turn the till off and on again the printer does three feeds and the till then runs very slow???

Let's go back to...

Otherwise it sounds like a hardware fault or memory fault of some kind.

Let's go back to...

Otherwise it sounds like a hardware fault or memory fault of some kind.

Thanks, having had a proper look the till at the first site is a TX 870 and the till I am trying to copy the program to is a TX 875 so therefore presumably the firmware will be different. Last night I tried to use the UniBOS conversion wizard to convert the file for TX 875 and that didn't work well at all. As in the past I have used the same UniBOS program for my TX 850 & TX 870 models without a problem I wondered if it was something simple like a flag setting in the TX 870 that needs to be changed? I thought the symptom of three line feeds before printing might strike a chord as to which setting has to be checked?

Page 1 / 2
Share: