Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Uniwell Dx890 Problems

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
Eminent Member

Hi everyone
I've got two problems I can't fix

1st is I need to program a plu that staff in my pub can use for free staff splashes of coke of lemonade.

e.g when staff member buys a vodka and lemonade or coke and do I link these to the full price plu's ???

2nd thing is if I want to give away free shots whats the best way to account for these on the dx890. Do I need to set up seperate plus or can i do this on normal price plu's.

Help greatly appreciated
Billy

5 Replies
Eminent Member

Hi Billy,

If nobody else replies, I will be able to post some details tomorrow afternoon if you can wait.

Irdone.

Eminent Member

Hi Billy,

Just a couple of questions:

1. Do you have back office software and if so what is it?
2. Your free staff splashes - How do you want this to be shown in your sales reports?
3. Your free shots - How do you want this to be shown in your sales reports?

It sounds like your trying to achieve a similar outcome on both of these.

If you only want to change the price then you could use the adjustments option but you won't get a breakdown of what has been adjusted. In other words, you'll get the correct cash figure (Z-01) but your Groups and PLU report (Z-41) will still show the gross amount.

If you want to know how many of what has been put through you could use a different price level or the complimentary button.

Post back and let me know.

Irdone

Topic starter
Eminent Member

hi
i'm pretty sure all my boss wants is the amount that have been given away as free but if you can can you send me both options.

If I use a complimentary option will it be just on the plus i choose as i dont want staff taking advantage and using button on other items.

Or if i use a different price level will i have to reprice all plus to that that are on that level?

Thanks

Eminent Member

Hi Billy,

Ok, it sounds like the best (and easiest) option would be to use the Adjustments feature. Shifting to another price level is a bit more involved.

I'm going to assume that you are not already using the Adjustment feature.

For the instructions below, turn the key to 'SP' and log on with a managers code and go into [Prog Funcs].
1. Set both Adjustment percentages to 99.99%.
a. Go into SP-153.
b. Press [Enter], then enter "99.99" and press [Enter] again - This will change the first Adjustment to 99.99%
c. Highlight the second one and press [Enter], then enter "99.99" and press [Enter] again - Now both should have "99.99" against them.
d. Press [Clear] to come back out to the main list.

2. Rename Adjustment user text to "Staff Disc" and the other to "Free Shot" - You can name these as you see fit (up to 10 characters).
a. Go into SP-130
b. Highlight number 18 and press [Enter].
c. Change the text to "Staff Disc" or whatever you want and press [Enter] again.
d. Go into number 19 on the list and change the text again, to "Free Shot" or whatever you want and press [Enter].
e. Press [Clear] to come back to the main list.

3. Assign the two adjustments to the screen and rename the button text.

a. Go into SP-850
b. Press [Enter] to go into "Function Buttons".
c. On the first page (near the bottom of list), highlight "Adjustment 1" then press where you want the button to be - **Be very careful here, not to press any other button or you'll overwrite it**
d. Now highlight "Adjustment 2" and press where you want that button to be - Again be carefull!
e. Press [Clear] - Its at the top of the screen.
f. Now highlight "Button Caption" and press [Enter].
g. Press the Adjustment 1 button that you put on the screen, then change the text and press [Enter] when finished.
h. Press the Adjustment 2 button that you put on the screen, then change the text and press [Enter] when finished.
i. Press [Clear] until you come back to the main program list.

4. Assign the Adjustments to the PLU's.
a. Go into SP-122.
b. Enter in your PLU code that you want to be discounted.
c. Scroll down to Flag 3 and press [Enter].
d. Now, in here you will see the two options "Adjustment 1" and "Adjustment 2" - If it was a Staff Disc highlight "Adjustment 1" and press [Enter] to change it to "Yes". If it was a "Free Shot" then highlight "Adjustment 2" and press [Enter] to change it to "Yes".
e. Press [Clear] to come back to where it asks for another PLU number - You then enter another PLU to be changed and go through the same process c.
f. When finished press [Clear] a few times then press [Clerk ID] to finish.

I would change a couple of PLU's first and then test it to make sure it's working ok.

This looks a lot but I've tried to show you a step by step guide - Done it from memory so may not be spot on.

Its a whole lot easier to do if you have back office software.

Irdone.

Page 1 / 2
Share: