Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Solved - sort of!] Confused new TX 870 user! Help please

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi all

My son has just taken over a restaurant with a TX 870 EPOS machine. It was apparently serviced 3 weeks ago but is not working and they won't return without him paying another callout charge.

The machine was set up according to the previous owners settings but as some of the staff are the same they decided to leave 'as is' till they had time to go through the settings, but on 'opening night' the machine froze and nothing could be entered.

The manual mentioned a reset by using the S key in the secret position and restarting,then pressing the bottom left and top right corners and then the touchscreen alignment, after which an IR setting menu should come up. However all this does is go back to the error screen after touching A and B

Now he can access some of the menus, but they all have the 'Clear' screen button missing so a number of operations can't be completed including the Z audit

Is there any way to reset this machine so all the proper buttons are restored to their proper locations?

Sorry if this is such a noob question, but he can't afford another £80 callout fee! I am pretty computer literate if anyone can give me some advice for us to try!

Neil

8 Replies
Topic starter

OK- thanks to some other posts I've got a little further!

I can now use the S key to reset, then get into the R or SP positions, but on the R screens for the Clerks, some of the numeric keys are blank and unrresponsive, and there is no Clear key, so no way to undo an incorrect entry apart from the reset.

Also a number of the screen buttons register by up to 1" out, so it is neccessary to 'guess' where to push! The screen calibration process workred OK after reset, and some screens (eg the Manager screen) registers key presses OK.

Is this a hardware or software issue? Boot ROM is TX870-06 V1.01 and Flash ROM is V1.07

Topic starter

OK- thanks to some excellent links within this forum, I've managed to reset all the key positions on the touch screen and add some of the missing ones. All screens are now responding OK with the presses registering in the right places.

Now need to rejig the PLU settings as everything is being printed as Drinks due to previous user not programming correctly I suspect!

Reputable Member

Hi Sorry for the delay, I've been on holiday !wave

It looks like you have done pretty well on your own so far, Did you get sorted or do you still need some advice?

Cheers

Topic starter

Thanks for the reply- no worries on the delay; it was a good exercise in lateral thinking! I actually help run a similar forum dedicated to Windows Mobile devices, so I appreciate the time and commitment given to mutual support web forums :)

I've not been able to get back to the restaurant since my last post, but suspect the Drinks vs Food issue in the bill pronting is just a matter of resetting the targets for some of the PLUs/Groups.

Anyway, I'll shout if I get stuck again.

Thanks
Neil

Hi Sorry for the delay, I've been on holiday !wave

It looks like you have done pretty well on your own so far, Did you get sorted or do you still need some advice?

Cheers

Page 1 / 2
Share: