Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Corrupt Uniwell DX series till back to life thread...

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
Eminent Member

Well, it toke some time, but now I am ready to post here my way out of the "broken Uniwell DX till" nightmare...

At first, I experience that problem on a DX890 type till. Whatever, it should be on any Uniwell DX series model near identical, - that horrible "IR DONE SETUP REQUIRED" message seems to occurs in any such affected case.

BE AWARE, the following instructions will COMPLETELY ERASE ANY DATA from your DX till. It will set everything BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULTS, do not use them on your working Uniwell DX till!

So, what's to do when an Uniwell DX series Cash Register becomes completely corrupt for example because of mistakenly disconnecting the battery or because of change to a new battery while the old was low / defective?

The first step is to take the till fully off, turn S key to 'BLIND' position (past Z1/P). Perform an Initial Reset and calibrate the screen (A, then B). Note, to perform Initial Reset: >Turn power switch to off, >Turn power switch to on, >As soon as the blue light comes on, touch bottom left of screen, then touch top right of screen (must be in quick succession, and before the green A+B screen comes up). If you hear four successive bleeps, you have succeeded. If not, try again, it requires the correct timing.

Key still in 'BLIND' position, clear the RAM of the till by pressing "9901" and "ENTER" "ENTER" (If the till does not shutdown automatically you have to take it off manually). During switch-on you will have to calibrate the screen again (A, then B)

Turn "S" key to 'SP', now you have do re-instate the broken till by perform "9999" and "ENTER" "ENTER" (The till will check some system parameters, if an / some error(s) occurs, skip them by pressing "CLEAR") The till should reboot after some point, then there will be a message like "CTL Key". Simply switch the "S" key (with normal speed) from "SP", over "Z2", over "LOCK", over "R", over "X" to "Z1/P" position and immediately back to "SP". Wait until there will be some bleeps, the till should restart again.

Next you have to login as engineer by pressing the engineer code "XXXXXXXX" & "CLERK ID" (Note, due the board rules it's forbidden to post here engineer codes). Now you have to Initialize ALL Data by selecting the "SP-9999" option at the bottom of the PROG FUNC list. This will log off you from the till, maybe the till will also restart, you will then have to define your "CLERK setup number". Type "1" for standard DX890-06 (UK) models, in Central Europe for standard DX890-03 models type "10", probably any other number will also work but it's not recommended.

You are near finish, "S" key still at 'SP', login as admin by selecting "1" (or "10") and "CLERK ID". Check "SP-112" Maximums and "SP-113" System Function Flags, if you have some other identical DX tills these parameters should be (except for the till related name and IP address) the same. Go then to "SP-200" Identifiers, here you have to set an UNIQUE machine, IRC and serial ID (1) number / letter. Note, to take effect of this changes you need to do an Initial Reset again!

That's it, setup is done! You can now start to define your "Major Groups" (SP-120), your normal "Groups" (SP-121). etc. For help regarding this topic simply browse the board.

May thanks to every other helpful member, without these direct and indirect inputs I wouldn't solve that issue. And, as little last note, since I am not native English, please excuse some special pharsing, all in all it should be understandable.

5 Replies

wicked post but you missed 1 vital point.............

you have just wasted your time if the battery is flat - all will be lost next time you remove the mains lB

Topic starter
Eminent Member

Thats absolutely logical, when the battery is low, it must be before replaced!

This was NOT the root of the problem in my case, - I simply disconnected the battery when I soldered the clerk (key) kit.

And every person with a little bit of comprehension has always a backup of the data! To do that, UK users have that Unibos program, every other can use Uniwell Lynx for backup data.

Hello, lorn10

The subject was more than wonderful,Hot Secrets !!!

It is good that all of us share other experiences.

wish any one could guide me at my current Deposit (mangment,security,reports).

BesT Regards

hi im trying to do as it says on this post as had an issue with the till crashing but i do not have an engineer code. could someone please tell me where I could get one the till is a uniwell dx-915.

Thanks in Advance

Page 1 / 2
Share: