Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

XEA 301

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
Eminent Member

I hate any sharp that starts with "XE" you know what I mean lol, anyway received this as part trade in from a customer that got a 420... this XEA301 has one character on the display (third one in) always displays the wrong character picture attached, yet it prints fine, the pattern too is it displays one letter back from what it should be so "cash is displayed as "Carh" but will still print "cash" hmmmm any thoughts?

3 Replies
Reputable Member

I love *most* of the XE series. Just chuck them in and forget (apart from the Sharp factory faults).
I've started to get a few of those clover brand displays failing with age. Normally scrambling or fading but it may be a problem with the character decoding in it.
Can't think of anything else since it is printing correctly.

Topic starter
Eminent Member

it is a strange one not seen this before hmmm.... just realised i posted this in the wrong bit! Might end up selling it as is if it cant be fixed

Reputable Member

It might use the same display as the other models so check the Clover part number on the display and hang another in there to see if it is the display causing it.

Share: