Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

FEC MD3525 screen i...

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

FEC MD3525 screen issue

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

I'm a computer technician and was called out to sort a network issue (swapped router caused loss of connection due to static IP's). I sorted the network out but on one till (FEC MD3525) when they boot it up there's always been an F1 to continue error message which apparently has always been there so the customer thought it was normal. The error message said something about CPU frequency so me being me I went into the BIOS and set it to defaults and rebooted. This has now caused the screen to display a fuzzy bar across the bottom around 400mm from the bottom and the top of the screen is now at the bottom with the right side knocked off.
I've inspected the other tills BIOS and there's an extra 2 lines of information regarding the CPU frequency so am guessing I've upset the BIOS in some way? The EPOS runs Vectron which I've backed up all folders available in C: drive ready to format and re-install XP embedded which I grabbed off the net but backed up the license 1st. I reset the BIOS and its still there too.

Now because the bar shows up on BIOS screen I'm guessing it could actually be the screen so over the weekend I swapped another LCD panel from an old unused same model and the bar still showed up with a screwed up screen. The screen/display worked fine prior to editing the BIOS so before I go any further (XP embedded looks like a challenge) I thought I'd see if there's anyone out there who knows anything and can advise me? Maybe faced and fixed the issue? The FEC site is very limited and this looks like the best place I've found so far.

TIA

Andy

ps: I have screen shots if needed

7 Replies

Hi Andy,

It may be worth speaking to Microtek (microtekuk.com) and see if there is a BIOS update they can send you, or if they can advise something else.

Simon

thanks for the reply Simon I'll have a look now. I'm busy trying to run the xp embedded dvd to try & repair the installation in case its that but can't get past the 'notepad eula.txt screen?
clutching at straws now like lol

cheers

Andy

Given your description I can't see it being a software issue.

I got it sorted eventually. I asked my (recently made redundant) server maintenance mate over to assist me in assessing a local office network cabling issue and he seen the EPOS PC on the workbench n commented on it. He asked why I had it in and I showed him the screen issue.
He rebooted it n went into the BIOS and edited as follows;

Advanced Chipset Features

AGP & P2P Bridge Control:

Set up as follows;

VGA Memory size: 8m

Select Display Device: LCD

Panel Type: (this fixed it) [1024x768-18] (it was set to 800x600 as bios defaults)

F10 to save n exit and voila! 8)

these PC's need the bios to match the windows settings which is what caused the issue. Thanks for the responses Simon. I hope google picks up on this cos someone else out there will probably need this in time...

Another feather in my cap as an epos friendly techy lol

Page 1 / 2
Share: