Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Toshiba Tec ST-60 + Linux

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi,

I have an Toshiba Tec ST-60 ePOS on eBay for cheap and have started on trying to turn them into a linux based EPOS.

I have the machine installed with a core version of Ubuntu which loads fine. I then installed Java and Unicentaopos which also works fine.

However the main issue I am having is getting the actual EPOS hardware to work such as the Touchscreen, mag stripe and customer display.

From Googling the ST-71 has issues with the customer display which isn't my biggest concern. However I have had no luck with the touch screen.

Does anyone have any advise on what to do?

I tried windows 98 on it but just get it crash out and in safe mode require a PS2 keyboard which I don't have. I've also tried to check the serial ports but get no data out of them for the touchscreen.

Does anyone know how the touchscreen interfaces weather it is Serial, PS2 or another method?

Thanks -
Ryan Walmsley

2 Replies

With a bit more testing I got windows 98 installed and it seems that the touchscreen is as a PS2 device.

Anyone got any advise?

Those things came with XP on them, and all the drivers are for that OS. If you Google you can find them easily enough, but the touch screen is a pain in the arse as there are about a dozen different drivers depending on exactly what hardware is in your unit.

Share: