Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

XE-A505 another software request

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,

Been lurking for a while but this is my first post :), i have a xe-a505 which i then bought a new scanner for and modded it to work :) naughty sharp changing rs232 config on their port ...

anyways i have software of all sorts but i cannot find the software for 505 or 404, ive modified inf file to try use 213 or 203 but no luck connecting yet.

CGI SOFTWARE any ideas? you seem to know a lot about this stuff :)

wish i had the 506 as i could now download the software from their site.

thanks for any help

rick

3 Replies
Topic starter

Haha, fixed it :)

using windows xp, a20s driver modified from the hardware id to the 9119 a505 hw id

and finally modding the pclink exe in the latest a506 downloadable from sharp so it communicates with the e404u001 (a404 and a505) instead of e406u001 (a406 and a506)

sheesh all this because he wouldnt send me a copy of the tool for free gosh darn sharp tech support!

rick

p.s if ya want a better explination ill try when im not amped :)

I'm curious to how you did this. I have the e404 register as well and can't find any software for it anywhere.

Resurrecting a ancient thread, I know, but our register(XE-A404) isn't dead yet. Any chance you have the the modded software still, or instructions for doing so?

Share: