Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SHARP UPC 700 .........RAM ERROR

15 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi
Can anyone point me in the right direction with this?
I have a working sharp and this one with ram error.
Where would I find a programming utility to copy the program from the working till
and injecting it into the faulty one.
Many thanks in advance
Andy

forgot to mention - have access to service keys

14 Replies
Prominent Member

I can give you a copy of Posutility 5 to copy data to and from. You can also do a direct copy between them with a special cable.
One thing though, are they both the same model? You can get a 700 and a 700C. You can transfer between the 2 types, but you need to put an SSP in one of them. You can see what model it is on the serial number box on the side.

Topic starter

many thanks Porty - the direct cable sounds like a plan but would need instructions/hand holding lol.
will check model on serial number and report back
Cheers
Andy

Topic starter

Situation update - have now confirmed that not only are the tills both the same, they are also linked together in day to day use. Does this mean I can utilise the existing link cable?
Thanks again in advance
Andy

Prominent Member

First off, do you know if it's the master or the satellite that is ok?
The best way to make the machines the same is to make a transfer cable and do a download in service mode. They're easy enough to make as it's just a network cable wired differently. The pinouts are:

1 - 4
2 - 7
3 - 6
4 - 1
5 - 5
6 - 3
7 - 2
8 - 8

Then connect the machines together using com2 (the rj45 one next to com1). On the 'empty' machine go to service, setting and down 15 BACKUP RECEIVE. Enter on it and it will say SPEED PROGRAMMED. Toggle it with the decimal point to go to the fastest speed (in case the other machine has been set slower in the service settings) and then enter. On the working machine it's the same again but go to 14 BACKUP SEND. Leave it at ALL RAM but make sure the speed is the same as the other machine and then just enter and let them communicate.
Once that's done you'll need to set up the irc again and adjust a couple of files, but I can help with that.
Any idea what caused the ram error in the first place? If it wasn't one of the usual suspects then it could be the expansion ram board can become unseated (although it might not look it!).

Page 1 / 3
Share: