Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Sharp up 800 series Price Shift

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi,

Currently my tills have only 2 price levels. I have set sharpsoft to add another price shift level. And added in all the PLU details for price shift 3, I have Uploaded all the information to the tills okay, but I can only see 2 levels (even though there are 3 in sharpsoft)

Please can someone advise on how I would be make it selectable / viewable on the tills

Many thanks,

Tom

3 Replies
Eminent Member

Hi Tom,

In broad brush terms, you would need to:

(1) Change the file setup on the till itself so that it actually has 3 price levels per PLU item.

(2) Change the download settings for the relevant location in Ecr / Stock Manager.

I'm sure there is someone on this board who could advise in more detail for point (1).

For point (2), you need to go to Setup / System from the main menu, then either:

(2.1) Select the relevant location and click Upload Settings to read the file setup back from the till OR

(2.2) Open the Location for editing then click Settings to access these options manually.

The Upload Settings job is usually able to work out the correct number of price levels etc from the file sizes on the till, but a few combinations are ambiguous and may have to be tweaked manually as per (2.2)

Ecr / Stock Manager supports about 17 models of EPROM based Sharp till with differing capabilities, so its database allows for all options (e.g. up to 10 prices). What actually gets downloaded to each location is determined by the location's download settings, which themselves are restricted by the capabilities of the till model in use.

Best regards,

Graham

Hi Graham,

Many Thanks - I will have a look when i am back in tonight.

I've read some of the manuals, but they don't really mention anything on how to 'unhide' / make available the levels.

Thanks again for your advice, i will post back on my progress or if i have any further questions.

Best wishes

Tom

I successfully managed to get a 3rd price added, it took a bit of trying after backing up my ram, trying to add a 3rd file.. Not realising I had to erase the price file for 1 & 2.. which then enabled me to add a 3rd level, and then had to do the same for pints file.. As I tried to add pint price on price 3 but zeroed every time.

Now I've done this, come summer will need a 4th level.

Thanks again for your help, this has been really helpful. I've done it on my closed till. Have to wait for Sunday to do a Z and then do it on my main till.

Tom

Share: