Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Sharp UP 800 and ECR Manager 5

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Hi,

I'm trying to pull off sales figures for the period July - To date, but the last figures showing are from March 20,

I've tried to upload all reports, using the task funcion, also upload the ECR journal, to which i can see latest sales figures.

but when i try and run PLU Sales history, i cannot see anything later than March.

Please can someone advise?

Many Thanks

Tom

3 Replies
Eminent Member

Hi Tom,

The Plu Sales History in Ecr Manager is "fed" by a Z1 or Z2 Plu Sales job (there is a system option to choose which Z level to use).

Possible causes of no Sales History since March would include:

(1) No Z Plu Sales jobs have been attempted OR

(2) The jobs were attempted, but have failed OR

(3) The jobs were performed, but at the "wrong" level (e.g. Z2 instead of Z1)

If you have TeamViewer access on site and are willing to PM me the details then I could have a quick look and rule a few things in or out.

(The first line of support for Microtrend software would usually be the dealer from whom it was purchased, but as the developer of much of Ecr Manager and the outright owner of Microtrend since April 2018, I would be happy to have a look in this case).

Best regards,

Graham

Hi Graham,

Thank you for getting back to be again, I have been in touch with the guys who did our install, and provided the software (KE Supplies) not heard anything back as of yet.

I've pulled everything off now Z1 and Z2, *every job* I can see sales history but the history is based on from the last time we did a reading, which was some time ago back in march, i believe.. When ever i put in a date range the same amount always comes back, whether it be for a week or for a month, the same results show..

Though I could be doing something wrong, or there maybe an issue with the file structures?

I'll PM you with my details

Many Thanks

Tom

Eminent Member

Hi Tom,

For X or Z sales reads from EPROM tills, the till only returns the consolidated sales and value per PLU number and Price Band.

The date and time information for these sales in Ecr Manager reports is derived from a combination of:

(1) The actual date and time that the job was performed (or scheduled to be performed) AND

(2) The system start of day time as defined in Ecr Manager options.

If Ecr Manager is nor reporting any sales in the PLU Sales History since a certain date, then possible causes include:

(1) The relevant Z Job has not been attempted since that date.

(2) The job has been attempted, but it failed.

(3) The job has been attempted, but the till was unable to report whether or not the Z part of the job succeeded.

(4) The job was completed successfully but the date and time on the back office PC was incorrect (rare, but not unknown)

(5) Somebody restored the system to a previous state from before the jobs were performed (again, rare, but not unknown)

In situation (3) the first part of the job (an X read) has succeeded, but the till did not send a success or failure reply for the second part (clear the data)

If we assume that the till DID clear the data when it did not then we will end up duplicating sales.

If we assume that the till did NOT clear the date when it actually did then we will end up ignoring sales.

Ecr Manager will add the totals from any such sales jobs to a special list, from where a user or dealer may decide to:

(1) Process them as though the till had confirmed that the Z job completed successfully, updating the sales history etc.

(2) Process them as though the till had confirmed that the Z part of the job failed, so we are left with an X read.

I should be able to get a clearer steer on what has happened when I am able to drop by via TeamViewer and have a look.

Best regards,

Graham

Share: