Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Shape UB-811F POS Lan Issues

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes

Dear All,
Excuse my daft question, I'm new to ePOS world but not computers, networking etc. I have a client who has a single UP-811P ePOS terminal connected to a router via a Ethernet lead. They have registered software on a windows computer which communicates with the ePOS (over they're LAN), make changes, clear data etc. and then upload changes, prices, customers I guess.

Something's gone wrong, the ePOS is complaining it's full and looking at the PC software LOG's, the last communication was some 6 years ago!. So, this installed software has worked in the past, likewise the infrustructure. I have checked the LAN lead and all 8 connections are good, no shorts or opens. With the lead re-connected to the router, I hook up a un-managed switch, the ePOS and my linux laptop (so I can test for internet, assigned and Ping IP addresses etc). So the LAN is live and working.

They're windows laptop is on the same LAN IP but via wifi connection, so 192.168.1.xxx as my linux laptop (and the ePOS). I examined the routers user interface to see what was physically connected (using the DHCP Map) either wifi or Ethernet. I identified the obvious printers, iPad etc. but no ePOS.

I don't have a manual for the UP-811f but do have the UP-800/810f manual. After some digging I found a supplement manual with regards setting up a network of these ePOS's, one as master, the remainder as slaves. I do have the manual for the software including the install guide but most of what I managed to do was through discovery.

Using the PC software I was able to set up a "immediate" job to download, ALL (but not clear) and it sat there doing nothing. I then tried editing the single ePOS entry and noticed the lower half of the window was un-ticked, ticking gives you various communication types, RS232, Ethernet etc. The Ethernet had a IP address, entered but was 192.168.0.xxx. Changing this address to 192.168.1.xxx aka the LAN address did make a difference in that I could at least start the job. It looked like progress was being made BUT! alas it failed after about 10 minutes.

Now, this is where I need assistance, I'm confused as this ePOS can be use to set up a number of ePOS terminals without any router, I'm not sure what other sockets you'd use, there are a few on the bottom of the till, CH3, CH4, MCR, Remote Display, LAN & Drawer. Normally a router assigns IP addresses DHCP style. I might be expecting the ePOS to connect like a printer or computer where the router assigns it a IP address. I then got a little lost in the ePOS menu's.

In PGM2 there's a IP address, it was set to 192.168.0.90 (I think), there was also a GW address, this was also set to 192.168.0.0. Although I couldn't change the first zero (marked in bold, underlined) of GW address. If this ePOS is setup like a static IP address I'd assume we could give the ePOS a number like 192.168.1.15 say and the GW address (is that gateway? like router address) as 192.168.1.254 which is the router address. That would make sense. I could even then setup a static address on the router, no idea how I'd obtain the ePOS MAC address mind. So, can't change the GW address 3rd line, aka first 0 so was unable to test that idea.

so to recap, router ok, LAN ok, ePOS not ok.... Any idea's?? would greatly be worth a donation to the group.

Share: