Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Keys not responding (1-3,0,00) Sharp ER-3220

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

Our old ER-3220 suddenly stopped recognizing the 1,2,3,0,00 keys, no beeps just nothing. Everything else worked (more later), but can't get too far without those keys. I opened the case and saw the battery was starting to blossom so I ordered a replacement and welded it on. I also cleaned off the keyboard circuitry (plastic sheet with touch pads under the keys) as it was quite dusty and crumby, restaurant hands. So, turning the machine back on got nothing on REG MODE. After some research, my DIY SRV key brought it back to life but now none of the keys respond except CL, RECEIPT and JOURNAL. Am I missing a critical step to reviving it or is it time to get a new till? This machine was made in 1991 and working until 3 days ago! TIA for your suggestions and help!

1 Reply

sure - sounds like your keyboard membrane is fubared! they are extremely fragile and you have probably done for it
ive donea few in my 40 years in the job!

Share: