Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How communication port on XE-A212 work???

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 ting
Topic starter

Dear all,

I have my XE-A212 working perfect in my coffee shop, I just would like to know how to communicate with it via the RS232. Can I use a null modem cable connect the A212 with my PC, and then run a terminal (e.g. hyper terminal)???

If I can do that, where can I find the command I could use over the terminal session.
If it not just using the terminal, so how XE-A212 communication port work? or How to write a program running on my PC to communicate with it?

7 Replies
Admin
Honorable Member

Hi,

Unforunately you can't use anything like hyper terminal to connect to the till. The sharp XE-A212 has it's own programming software and this is the cable needed:

I've Private Messaged you with some information on this software.

Cheers

ting
Topic starter

Dear the wizard,

Thanks so much for info on the software and cable diagram.

I think the software you mention is for program the cash register. Acctually I would like some way that I can get the sale report while I'm not in the shop.

for exapmle I can hookup a modem to the cash register and a phone line and then while I'm on the road I just use my laptop dial to the modem in my shop, that connected to the cash register, and use sonething like terminal to type something like .TL and then I get the sale report on my screen just like the way it print out the report on the paper roll.

In theroy the PC-LINK XE-A212 Program should work over a phone line as it work with a null modem cable.

If you have any idea or some other way to establish that I would be appreciate.

Admin
Honorable Member

Hi,

This software is only for programming the cash register as you said, unfortunately there is no other software that I know of which enables you to collect the sales. I'll ask around but there is definately no way to use commands through hyper terminal or similar.

cheers

Honorable Member

Hi Ting,
I think Wizard is correct. This model is designed for basic programming and reporting via RS232. I have not been able to get any more than that with any software that I have used with these. You would need to move up to a more powerful machine such as the UP-700.

Mark

Page 1 / 2
Share: