Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

ER-A420 FACTORY RESET?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi, I have been given a Sharp ER-A420 second hand. !excited The previous owner had messed it up so badly that she was using it purely by opening it manually and just putting money in and giving change. No transactions were being recorded. !Head
I would like to know, if possible, how to reset the register as if I were the first person using it.
I have a manual and I hope I can take it from there. !what
Thanks in advance !worthy :D

Ok, hubby is telling me he doesn't want a full reset, just wants to reset the totals

6 Replies
Honorable Member

Ah, just the totals, sorry I thought from your other post that the machine didn't operate.
Ok, to reset daily totals,

Turn key to X1/Z1 mode.
. (decimal point)
X (may be called @/For on some models - next to decimal point)
TL (May be called CASH or TOTAL)

Mark

Topic starter

Ah, just the totals, sorry I thought from your other post that the machine didn't operate.
Ok, to reset daily totals,

Turn key to X1/Z1 mode.
. (decimal point)
X (may be called @/For on some models - next to decimal point)
TL (May be called CASH or TOTAL)

Mark

Sorry again, he has found that he cannot reset the rolling total without the service key (we only have the managers key) :( So I guess we will have to put up with that we can't find anywhere that supplies a replacement service key)

According to the idiot guide we can 6 pre-set departments and up to 99. Using direct programming entry 2110.x7x gives us an entry error message.
According to the bumf Mark (my hubby) has discovered, we will have to get a service engineer to programme it for further keys.
We know how to set it up for specific prices per button eg, as we sell body jwellery, if we put one button as tongue bars we can get that button to register one single price for that item. That would be great if all our tongue bars were the same price but they are not. :cry: What we need from this till is to be able to set up departments so we can enter any price for the item then hit the department button then move on to the next item until the transaction is over and we press total to open the draw.
I hope this makes sense.
Is this possible to do without getting a technician in (or in our case, packing up the register and sending it to the mainland, because there are no cash register technicians on our island!)
Many thanks, :D :D :D :D
Hope you had a good sleep!

You can make both departments and PLUs open price so it depends on which one you are looking to change.
If I remember correctly on a default layout the departments are usually allocated as 6 buttons above the numerics and there are 70 PLU buttons to the right

It might be your till only has allocated memory for 6 departments which is why you get an error when you enter the number 7.

In your manual to change departments to open price look for the job code 2110 and for products 2210

Hope this helps

Dave

Hi,

I have the same problem as ORIGINALLY described in this section..ie: I have been given an ERA-420 but it seems to have been reprogrammed in such a way as some keys have been changed and some others have not, so that when I attempt to program it in any way, I need to chop and change, and then GUESS where some buttons are!! NIGHTMARE! !explode

I too, have the instructions, and although they seem as clear as mud(!) I feel fairly confident that I can achieve what I need to if the thing was reset to factory standard settings. Can't find anything in the book to do a complete reset anywhere...

All I need is for the machine to think it is brand new and never been used before. How do I do that?

Anybody?

Somebody??

PLEASE HELP!! !super

Cheers
Brett

Page 1 / 2
Share: