Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

ECR Manager 3 Activation

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes

Hi,

Just found this site, seems to be a rare resource for EPOSystems so much appreciated.

We have recently had to replace the shop office computers at our site with ones running Windows 10 and I'm struggling with the ECR software.

I have installed the software from disc and copied over the data files from the prior system but I'm not able to register (activate) the software since the telephone number for SharpSoft (01423 711878) no longer works! I've got in touch with our supplier/reseller but they seem to be dragging their heels a little. I've also tried googling but can find no support for "SharpSoft" apart from a couple of other resellers.

ECR Manager although version 3 appears to install fine (I notice it mentions Windows 8 which means it can't be that old). Copying the current files and a registry entry I found doesn't appear to work which would indicate the access code is tied to the computer/OS.

Any ideas?

6 Replies
Eminent Member

As the developer of Ecr Manager, I would like to respond to the points in the post.

Firstly, Ecr Manager 3 IS now fairly ancient in software terms. Development on this version ceased in mid 2006 and the current version family is now V6. Upgrades from any previous version of Ecr Manager to V6 are available for £200 + VAT from your local SharpSoft dealer.

The reason the phone number in the old software doesn't work is that it belongs to the former SharpSoft office in Pateley Bridge. This office was closed in April 2018 when my former employers retired, and I now run the business from home.

Technical support now as then is primarily through dealers as the first point of contact. They should be able to handle most basic queries directly and pass anything else on to me, so that I am mostly free to work on development.

The EPROM software is still available and supported, but is unlikely to see much future development as Sharp are moving away from this platform. Pricing on EPROM versions of back office has been reduced to reflect this, as almost all development effort now goes into Sharp Pos. Please contact your dealer for further advice on this.

I already replied on Friday 1st March to a dealer email about your registration query, but will reply to you by personal message shortly.

Best regards,

Graham

Thank you Graham, much appreciated.

Our dealer doesn't seem very responsive hence the reach out to yourself, thank you.

just to stir the pot a little........
windows 10 is a horrendous choice for EPOS.
Picture the scene - a busy Saturday afternoon and you have a sale - both your checkouts are queued out of the door.
To "enhance" your customer experience, Microsoft push one of their - now unstoppable - windows 10 updates....... bye bye till - for up to an hour - and just prey it works when update is over - which in my experience is not always the case! lB lB lB
Steer clear of 10 - get embedded - or 7

Eminent Member

Hi Andy,

At least these are the old EPROM tills, so it is only the back office side that will be relying on Windows 10.

That said, it is one of the minor amusements of life when out and about to spot crashed or updating installations of Windows in "interesting" places such as train departure boards or video advertising displays. I should get a life...

Best regards.

Graham

Page 1 / 2
Share: