Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SPS2200 - Stock Link Plu

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

OK I have set stock up for items and display stock levels on keys and everything works OK. When an item is sold the stock is reduced by 1. We can’t sell anything when 0.

We only use the simple stock function for a very limited number of food items. For example, we may only have 10 burgers we want to sell. So we enter 10 for the stock on that day. All works well and as expected. It prevents staff having to check if things have sold out or write down how many things on a bit of paper etc etc.

So I read in the manual under:

PLU ADD CHANGE
Stock link PLU - This is the PLU number from which the stock will be reduce, if this was for example a Half Pint PLU, the likely stock link would be the PLU code for the Pint.
Modifier Qty - This works in conjunction with the stock link PLU flag determining how many units are to be reduced from the main stock item. The field consists of two decimal places for example 50 would result in 0.50 being reduced from the stock of the item program within the stock link PLU field.

Great I thought... as we have two Burger PLUs one for our usual burger and one with pulled pork. However, they both use the same burger so ideally the stock needs to be linked.

So I set up as follows:

PLU Codes
PLU Burger = 3013
PLU Pulled Pork Burger = 3015

Status Groups Codes
01 - has Stock PLU set to Yes
02 - has Stock PLU set to No

Set up as
3013 in group 01 and stock set to 5
3015 in group 02 and Stock Link PLU is set to 3013 and Modifier 1.0

So on the till the stock count does appear for the 3015 PLU (even though it isn’t in the Status group with Stock PLU set to yes).

Great I thought!

Oh.

The stock level is showing 0 for 3015 and 5 for 3013.

I can sell an item of 3015 and the count is set to -1 and it is not taking stock from 3013.

The manual also says:
PLU stock is a simple inventory system where each whole unit PLU activity subtracts a value of "1" from the stock counter. (PLU stock applies only to PLU’s set in PLU status group as stock PLU? – Yes)
The quantity modifier and stock link PLU programming can be used to link together two products so stock is reduced from one item with decimal quantity reduction if required.

So I put 3015 in group 01 but do not set a stock level - I can't sell 3015 as stock set to 0.
3015 in group 01 and stock set to 5 - I can sell 10 burgers when I only have 5.

The manual implies this should be how things work when referring back to the pint / half pint scenario. Am I missing something?

3 Replies

i didn't do much with this model but in the days of propper back office software, there was a thing called "recipes" that did exactly what you wanted - im not sure if that's still a thing and don't recall seeing it in menus.
thinking "sideways" - if you don't have too many of these items, you could set up all the "ingredients" as stocked items, then set a macro button up to sell both when pressed???

Thanks Andy,

I will look at recipes as I started playing around with them, but the simple link should be working as outlined in the manual and I thought I may have missed something obvious. Perhaps it is just bugged. 🙂

i've only ever used 2200 in 3 restaurant situations - and that was budget lead by the end user
im not a dealer so i don't have a personal interest, if i were you, id take a very close look at icrtouch and their backoffice software - its what "grown ups" use in hospitality.

Share: