Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

sps2200 comms issues over crossed ethernet cable

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

just wondering if any engineers out there have experienced communication difficulties between 2 tills linked with a crossover cable?
set up from scratch - took a couple of attempts but then worked consistently till turned off. ive now had 2 such setup issues with 2 different pairs of registers - one in retail the other hospitalityfirst one was just cycled numerous times till comms restored

second one gave up after 4 hours of attempting reconnection
even resorting to ram clearing both terminals im no further forward?? lB

6 Replies

Did the same machines work with straight through cables and a network switch?

Used to see this a lot in my networking days, usually caused by both devices attempting to auto-negotiate the connection and failing to do so correctly.

Topic starter

dunno never tried
but on top of this. the till now has a bug where print bill doesn't [print bil that is]

Topic starter

ok - a bit of an update.
the print bill thing is sorted , my mistake but the communications issue continues. i have tried crossovers, straight through via a switch and finally via a router.
the only way i can get it to work is via a router where i fill in the gateway and dns server as the routers ip address - even then, sometimes it works, sometimes it won't.........
i cant be the only person struggling with this surely???

Hi Andy

Can you link a laptop to it and ping the machines?

Sounds like you have a dodgy ethernet port or something???!)

Cheers

Page 1 / 2
Share: