Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

sps 2000 - no default screen

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

If I turn on the power switch, the screen stays black, no default main screen with S/P modes etc. shows up. If I turn on the switch while holding the front power button, then the system password menu comes up and I can access the system menu. How do I bring back the default screen? The register has all the food menus tables etc. set and has been functioning for years, not it's all gone.

Thank you!

4 Replies

sounds to me like the internal battery has failed. if this is the case - your only option is to ram clear it, set up memory allocation and recver your program from a back up - now you DID make a back up right?

Thank you for the reply, can you please elaborate on what this internal battery is responsible for? If it failed, shouldn't I replace or fix it? I do have a backup, it's not a problem.

Hi All, just seen this thread and have exactly the same problem on one of two non-working SPS-2000's.

My two tills have ML2032 rechargeable batteries and so you should not use CR2032 cells - as stated on the till PCB. The CR2032 is not rechargeable and may explode if charged! Would recommend checking for the correct cell type before replacing.
Checked my batteries one is OK (2.8v should be 3V ideally so not ideal) and one is totally dead (0v). Ordered a replacement anyway to check.

Have done a RAM clear (Clear ALL) on the good battery till, but on rebooting or power recycling get SAM4S logo and flashing cursor and it just sits there. Tried this a number of times this afternoon. Any suggestions?

next time i get one of these in, ill make a point of testing if theres a charge current available @ the cell holder contacts - not heard of this before but will def follow it up - meantime disregard my previous suggestion !dunce
meantme, how are you performing the ram clr? from the 1287 menu?

Share: