Welcome to EpoS Wizard!

As you’ll no doubt have noticed if you’ve previously visited any time in the last decade or two, EPoS Wizard has undergone some quite drastic changes!

YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD
(See below if you are unable to receive a password reset request)

Read on »

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

SAM4S NR 500 - VAT and PLUs

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes

If this question has already been asked and answered in previous posts, apologies in advance and directions to the relevant post(s) would be greatly appreciated.
Just purchased a SAM4S NR 500 for use in a small pub.
Pre collection of the register the seller kindly set it up including the PLU keys with VAT inclusive prices. When demonstrating its operation including the report features I noticed that the "Z" report,in particular, didn't show the VAT analysis and to cut a long story short the seller insisted that a VAT analysis wasn't necessary as a simple manual calculation on the total sales figure would extract the VAT.
Bearing in mind that the VAT inclusive prices are already programmed and all items are VATable (and I really don't want to redo that process if at all possible) can someone please outline the steps I need to take to ensure that I can get a VAT anaylsis on the"Z" report.
All kind assistance will much appreciated.
Kind regards
M.M

This issue has now been resolved.
Kind regards
M.M.

3 Replies

I've posted this in case others have the same question.

What do you get on the financial report?

i.e.
Nontax
Tax 1 Sales
Tax 1

If it's all "NonTax" then tax has not been setup at all
If it's all "Tax 1 Sales" but no "Tax 1" then you simply need to set the tax rate up

Tax Rate Setup
PGM Mode
- Select Taxes
- Select Tax 1
- Set 1 = "VAT"
- Set 2 = Type = VAT
- Set 3 = 20.00%

Link PLU to Tax
PGM Mode
- Select PLU Programming
- Select Add / Change
- Select One PLU
- Press Button / Scan Code
- Set Taxable By Tax 1 => Y

The Seller is also wrong regarding the simple calculation, VAT on 100 items @ £1 is different to the vat on 1 item @ £100

Vat on £1 => 17p x 100 = £17
Vat on £100 = £16.67

Hello, I also have this problem. I find it annoying as I have a gift shop with certain items at zero tax, whilst others are 20%.
It prints off the info on the individual customer receipt, but not the all important z breakdown. I also have created 2 groups - 1 for our operation, and 1 for sales of items to a local charity. Again, if there are sales from both in a transaction, its clearly printed on the receipt. However sales from groups 1 and 2 are not broken down on the z report. Is there any way of altering this?
Thanks

yes - do a group rep[ort in addition to financial report

Share: